Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Honeymoon is sooooo Over.

Stage three here I am. My honeymoon lasted longer than most, I think, but after three and a half months it is surely over. My days as a laid-back carefree teacher are now over with the dismissal of my Indianian c0-teacher, the leaving of the Massachusetts-hailing head-teacher, and the arrival of a new Wisconsinite teacher. This makes me the most experienced English teacher after only arriving less than four months ago. My responsibilities have surely increased. Not only am I training, but I am now creating the listening CD's for our students, creating material for our textbooks and helping form the bridge between the boss, the Korean teachers, and the two English teachers. I guess, to be honest, my job has become a real job and not just a walk in the park.

Other than my job, I now feel the need to get out of Gyesan (the area of Incheon where I live) and venture out as much as possible. This means I try to get to Seoul as much as possible. If I can't get to Seoul I go to Yeonsu. If I can't get to Yeonsu I go to Bupyeong. And the list goes on. I'm trying really hard to get even farther now and see even more of Korea. Have I mentioned that South Korea is about the size of Minnesota...
This little travel trick is what is going to keep me going. As long as I am experiencing new things, I am enjoying life. Daejeon, Cheonan, Cheongju...here I come!

Check out a map of South Korea! Zoom In and Zoom Out

1 comment: